Sunday, March 13, 2011

Life and Death



Life. It's a miracle and a curse all within it self. To be alive is a great an amazing experience that I for one am glad we have but it also is a terrible, dark and fucked up thing as well. No one really wants to die, except the people who have given up on themselves and have discovered that their life really isn't worth living any more. We all have self preservation, some more than others, now a suicidal person is someone who is willing to take their life into their own hands and make the decision as to whether they want to keep going on or just say fuck it and give up. I've been in those shoes and I for one decided to keep going because I'm a curious human being and want to know what's lying ahead for me in my life. This doesn't mean I haven't tried to end my life, quite the contrary. I've, by medical standards, been pronounced dead. In my opinion this gives me the stance to talk about this, because I've been there. Now this is probably one of the most frighting and defining moments in my life, because when I 'came back' so to speak all I could remember about the time I spent dead was black, black, black. No out of body experiences, no white lights or gods or even hell, just nothing. That moment of true clarity was the moment I decided to make my life mean something in my eyes and others. To not worry about organized religion or anything that has the potential to stop me from living my life to the fullest extent and being able to change something, no matter how small it is.

Death. This is an even trickery subject to talk about because no one truly knows what it means. Do we go on to something else after death? Or do we just cease to exist? I hope that there's something else, I can't wrap my head around the idea that after I die I'm just gone. I don't think that my thought process would just disappear it just doesn't make sense to me. I can see why others might think that tho, because by looking at the facts of life and evolution we really just happened. The conditions we're right so life was created on this planet we call Earth. We adapted, evolved and survived as a species long enough to make it this far. To have not only the intellect but the free time to question things like if there is a God, or an afterlife, or anything that doesn't deal with the next time we're gonna eat or find the basic resources we need to survive. Anyways I strayed from the topic at hand a bit, death is a scary thought if you look at it wrong or can't come to terms with the fact that it is totally possible for both theories to occur upon death. In my mind I've accepted that fact and choose to not worry about it until death becomes a very real outcome in my life. I suggest you do the same, focus on the now the people around you, your friends, family, lovers, passions and everything that has meaning to you. Honestly the time we have here is short and I for one choose not to waste mine with petty rules that could mean nothing at all. Go out and try something you've never tried before, experience things you've yet to have the pleasure too and just live life like how it's meant to be lived, like there is no tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment