Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Me, Myself, and I (Part 2)

Well apparently the first part of this post was one of my topped viewed, who knew? So I guess I'll finish this story of mine. Life moved on for me I spent my time in isolation reading, running or keeping my body in shape. I'd quit smoking and was doing really well physically so that gave me something to be proud of. I started school. At first I was nervous being the new kid and all it was an experience I had never had up till that point. Day one I just got up got dressed and was off to interact with my new peers. It wasn't so bad I stayed to the back ground and talked only when I needed too I kept my head phones in and my head down. I had a class I loved tho the teacher was actually an intelligent one, someone I could debate with and through my ideas at, I soon realized I was one of the only people who actually understood what the man was saying and at the time I thought I was the only one who fully grasped that. About two weeks into this school year I payed witness to this stoner named B, he was a funny kid and I obviously could tell the guy was high so I talked to him. At first I scared him, later on he told me he thought I was a cop haha. I finally found a connection to the one thing that could keep me sane so I kept at it and made sure the kid new I was chill. After a week or two I got in pretty good with that group, the stoners cause after all I was one of them. It was there I met one of my best friends, K, in this place I call hell, to others its know as Logan. This kid and I had a lot of the same interests and thoughts on a lot of things I could tell he was on my level of thinking so he turned into one of the kids I could actually hold an intellectual conversation with no matter the topic. It's funny cause the others of our group would get annoyed cause we would start debates over the smallest topic that would eventually blossom into a real world ideal and go on from there till one of us either submitted defeat or everyone else told us to shut up. I wasn't totally alone anymore! I had friends people I could hang out with, laugh with, shoot the shit with, and someone who I could talk to about important thoughts that ran through my head like religion, politics, government, and philosophical ideals. K and I didn't know it yet but this was the start of a friendship that would soon turn into brotherhood.

The weeks turned to months and time slowly passed me by, sure I was still hung up over my life in California but I was at least being distracted by it for the moment. That helped me build the wall in my mind between myself and my feelings. Sure I'd get the occasional flashback to times passed but I'd handle that in due time through tears shed in my room at night where others couldn't see. The only thing that bothered me at that moment was not having a girl in my life so I started focusing my attention on the ladies in this town I lived in. I started going to parties and broadening my connections of friends and people I knew. After I fixed that small problem and managed to open the doors to the lovely ladies I've meet things got even more easier and bearable. The thoughts of home became less and less but always still there, that dream of going home back to everyone I've known my whole life, I'll never let go of that dream. Soon another intellectual crossed my path, A, at first I didn't know he'd come to be one of my close friends I didn't even know if I'd like the guy. It wasn't till he walked up to K and I having a debate on religion and instead of walking away or trying to change the subject he throw in his points on the topic!! It was great, K and I thought we were alone in our thoughts on a lot but the more and more we talked to A we realized he was exactly like us in a lot of ways. It was a refreshing change to not be so alone in my head anymore I had two people I could talk to about anything on my mind and they'd give me advice or feedback on it, depending on what the topic was. A and me have a passion for music, not just listening to it but writing it and singing it we love to do it and that quickly struck up a bond between us that would bring me another friend that I could call my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment